Fresh Air ~ Farm Animals ~ Country Fun
For children 4 to 12 years old
This terrific program is designed with kids in mind, and parents are sure to love it too! On Thursdays between 10am and 3pm drop your kids off with us for an afternoon of fun and hands on learning and exploration. What better way for kids to spend the day than at the Ranch. No gidgets or gadgets here, just good, old fashioned country fun. We will breathe in the country air, play outside, and even get a little dirty if we’re doing things right!
While you run your errands, do the shopping, or even enjoy an afternoon out, we will thrill and entertain the kids with age appropriate activities. Days could slightly vary based on age range and weather factors, but there is no shortage of things to do here and activities could include:
- Nature hikes and exploration
- Arts and crafts
- Getting to meet some of the farm animals up close and personal (mini petting zoo)
- Horse interactions- meet the herd and learn how to safely approach and work around them. You will even get a grooming demonstration and get to help brush and clean the horses!
- With plenty of space to sprawl we will have more than enough room for old fashioned fun such as: tag, red rover, sack races, capture the flag, 3 legged races, and wheelbarrow races
- We will play in the grass, turn stones, hunt for worms and frogs, chase butterflies, feed the fish in the trout ponds, and the list goes on…
Given the nature of our animal themed activities this program will be supervised by our Wranglers and Horse Camp/Lesson Staff who are 18 years old and older with a passion for kids and an ability to provide ample instruction and supervision while working with and around the animals. Although creating a fun, new experience for our ‘Little Ranchers’ is near the top of our list, doing so in a safe manner remains our top priority. Please understand, kids need no horse or animal experience to participate, just an interest in learning and the ability to follow instruction.
Participants will need the following items:
- A sack lunch and snacks. Please nothing that needs to be warmed up, if weather allows we will do a picnic lunch
- A water bottle
- Clothing for inclement weather
- Closed toe shoes for all animal activities
- A dry change of clothes and a beach towel, just in case. We will not do water activities, except for the possibility of sprinklers if it’s quite warm out, so a bathing suit or clothes that can get wet are a good idea.
- Please apply sunscreen at home, if desired
Please be sure to leave cell phones, i-pods, and all handheld electronics at home.
We eagerly welcome your kids to come experience life on the Ranch. The cost for this program is $30 per child. To register for one spot or all, please call LeeAnn at 231.947.9529 ext 101. The program is offered on Thursdays between mid-June and mid-August. A couple of black-out dates apply due to other conflicting camp schedules. Please call for more details and to reserve your spot.