Intermediate Horse Camp
Dates: July 17-19, 2017 and August 14-16, 2017
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm daily
Ages: eight (8+) years old and up (must have completed novice horse camp or gained instructor approval to attend this camp)
Location: You will drop off and pick up your son/daughter at Circle H Stables, (Ranch Rudolf’s barn) located about ½ mile east of the Ranch Rudolf main entrance.
In this camp all of the basic skills learned to this point will be elaborated on and more time will be spent working on the finer details of Western Riding. Some of the specific areas we will be working on are individual riding skills, the gaits of horses, increased control within each gait, the transition between gaits, and perfecting posture, seat, and balance. The work will be taught in a combination of in the front pasture and on extended trail rides.
Both Intermediate and Advanced levels of horse camps are 3 days whereas the Novice level was 4 days long. The reason being both Intermediate and Advanced Camps incorporate more riding time now that the basic foundation has been put in place from the earlier camps. Of course, we work at the pace of our students and we will not work beyond the ability of the class. Refreshers will be given and instructors are always available for extra help, but again typically more time is devoted to “saddle time” in these higher level camps.
What To Bring:
- Leather boots or shoes are best (absolutely no open toed shoes are permitted-both toes and heels need to be covered and protected)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Pencil and paper
- Clothing for inclement weather. Layers are a great idea for cooler mornings and warmer days. As for rain gear, a form fitting rain jacket is better than a big poncho that could blow and spook horses.
*Riding helmets are required when riding, but Ranch Rudolf/Circle H Stables does provide them.
*Please do not send cell phones to camp.
How to Sign Up:
- First, call LeeAnn or Melody at 231-947-9529 to check availability for the camp and get your child’s name added to the tentative camp list.
- Then you will fill out a release waiver which can be found under ‘horse camp information.’ Please remember to read carefully and fill out completely. About ¾ way down the page are a couple of lines where you need to write out a sentence. Read instructions carefully.
- Send completed release waiver and payment (made payable to Circle H Stables) to Ranch Rudolf at 6841 Brown Bridge Road Traverse City, MI 49696.
- It is the first 12 paid students that will make up the official camp list.
If you have any further questions, or to get your child added to the tentative camp list, please call LeeAnn or Melody at 231-947-9529.