Advanced Horse Cam
Time: 9:00 am-4:00 pm daily
Ages: 8 years old and older (must have completed intermediate horse camp to attend this camp)
Location: You will drop off and pick up your son/daughter at Circle H Stables, (Ranch Rudolf’s barn) located about ½ mile east of the Ranch Rudolf main entrance.
This is a Western Riding camp which consists of extended trail rides, and multiple exercises that encourage teamwork with both horse and rider. Although each camp varies with regard to the students, typically we work on the transition between gaits, the importance of a good seat, and increased balance and control. Students will work toward more independent riding and fine tuning their individual styles. We also encourage the use of more riding aids and using both the seat and legs as a way of communicating and cueing your horse. Generally games on horseback are incorporated to have fun new ways of learning a new skill set and practicing old techniques. At some point each student will work individually with an instructor who will help with specific riding strengths and weaknesses.
What To Bring:
- Leather boots or shoes are best (absolutely no open toed shoes are permitted-both toes and heels need to be covered and protected)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Pencil and paper
- Clothing for inclement weather. Layers are a great idea for cooler mornings and warmer days. As for rain gear, a form fitting rain jacket is better than a big poncho that could blow and spook horses.
*Riding helmets are required when riding, but Ranch Rudolf/Circle H Stables does provide them.
*Please do not send cell phones to camp.
How to Sign Up:
- First, call LeeAnn or Melody at 231-947-9529 to check availability for the camp and get your child’s name added to the tentative camp list.
- Then you will fill out a release waiver which can be found under ‘horse camp information.’ Please remember to read carefully and fill out completely. About ¾ way down the page are a couple of lines where you need to write out a sentence. Read instructions carefully.
- Send completed release waiver and payment (made payable to Circle H Stables) to Ranch Rudolf at 6841 Brown Bridge Road Traverse City, MI 49696.
- It is the first twelve (12) paid students that will make up the official camp list.
If you have any further questions, or to get your child added to the tentative camp list, please call LeeAnn or Melody at 231-947-9529.